Being one of the hardest and stable substances, diamonds are considered as the most precious gemstones by many people. These gemstones are available in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and colours from which one can choose as per his/her liking and budget. In the last few years, fancy colour diamonds are earning popularity due to various reasons. The most suitable reason of their popularity is that they add creativity and colour to the jewellery. Brief information about fancy colour diamonds is provided here under.
If you or your fiancé are fans of celebrity news, you probably have gotten caught up in the extensive pre- and post-wedding coverage. At the heart of each story lies the very same element -- the diamond engagement ring. Remember that costly and ostentatious doesn’t equate true love. You need only to look at Kim Kardashian and her first husband’s million-dollar plus wedding, which included a very short time worn, but an enormous wedding ring.
Whatever traditions you adhere to, one that seems to cross cultural and economic lines is the ubiquitous diamond engagement ring. The engagement ring is a coveted visual confirmation of a couple’s love and commitment to each other. In other words, few couples get engaged, and subsequently get married, without an engagement ring.
Start looking and researching the available possibilities, and get an idea of what the price range is for diamond engagement rings. It may help you to look at the best diamond wedding rings in Melbourne at Simon West Fine Jewellery.
Diamonds have always fascinated humans. Originating from the depths of the earth, the stone is born from a mixture of minerals and molten lava as it rises to the top. Diamond cuts however didn’t start to come into the scene until later in 1866, originating from South Africa.
Ever since that day, the cut of a diamond has been considered to make a big change to its overall beauty and value. Some experts would even say it is the most important element of all the four C’s (clarity, colour, carat and cut). Why is this? Because the shape of the diamond (its cut) can bring to life the shine of the stone due to how it reflects the light. This element will give your diamond ring the fire you crave!
Hunting down a ring with the perfect cut is easier than you think. When looking for unique engagement rings collection in Sydney for example, Delphi Diamonds have a range of diamond cuts. We have handpicked the best cuts that provide the most sparkle so when you begin searching, you know exactly what to look for.
|via Morgue File|
Silver, like gold, is one of the oldest metals for jewellery design. Silver is highly malleable and reflective, and has been transformed into everything from mirrors to flatware, but by far its most enduring use is as a personal adornment. Since silver doesn’t tarnish when it is worn, it is associated with purity. Both economical and versatile, silver can be worked into bold earrings, thick chains, or even something delicate. Understanding the difference between silver plated and sterling silver jeweller will help when choosing your pieces.
· Sterling Silver
One of the most popular options is classy sterling silver jewellery. This variety comprises 92.5 percent pure silver that is alloyed with other metals, particularly copper. Sterling silver is the oldest of alloys still in use today and was first recorded in the late tenth century. The alloy tends to have a lower melting point than pure copper or fine silver, making it easier to manufacture and withstands better than a pure metal.
Sterling silver can retain its silver workability and brilliance; however, it is far more robust than pure silver. The other metals found in the alloy seem to reduce its tendency to tarnish.
Sterling silver pieces bear a stamp of purity with the number of its parts per thousand of pure silver, which is 925. Some jewellery makers will refer to sterling silver as “925 silver.”
· Silver Plated Jewellery
Just as with other precious metals and jewellery, silver can vary in price. Although it has yet to approach the prices of platinum or gold in recent years, the cost has risen as more and more industrial uses are found for it. One solution to the rising cost of the metal is to use less in jewellery while retaining its durability and brilliance. Silver plating seems to be the solution that many manufacturers are choosing. Two of the most popular methods of plating a base metal with silver are known as filling and electroplating.
A Few Tips for Buying Silver Jewellery
When it comes to shopping for silver jewellery, take note of the markings on the inside of the item. Some handcrafted pieces won’t bear the mark “sterling” or “925,” even if they are sterling.
Silver does not cause skin reactions. Many people who suffer from skin irritations or jewellery staining have been wearing an alloy of copper, nickel and zinc, and nickel silver that does not contain a precious metal.
Silver-plated jeweller is the best option for items that you are only going to wear occasionally. With everyday use, the thin layer of silver tends to wear away over time, exposing the base metal that will stain skin or corrode.
If you’re getting ready to pop the question, you may want to consider comparing custom engagement rings vs. ordinary, mass-produced rings. If you have already decided to go down the route of having a unique ring made, you’re headed in a great direction! Custom rings have a variety of unique advantages over the rings you’ll find in most jewellery stores. And no matter what you decide to do, you’re already putting in extra-special effort to find a ring your partner will love, and that is the most important thing.
Why Should You Consider Custom Engagement Rings?
With more and more national jewellery franchises popping up, particularly in shopping malls, and the less faceless online jewellery shops, buying an engagement ring has never been easier. You can see a collection of custom engagement rings in Brisbane online to get an idea why these rings are so in demand!
Buying a mass-produced ring or picking one online is certainly convenient, but what exactly will your soon-to-be-fiancé think? No doubt she has been dreaming about receiving the perfect ring, from her perfect guy, for pretty much her entire life. Just imagine her disappointment when she discovers the ring was purchased from a well-known website, or when she feels the ring lacks the beauty and quality she was hoping for.
By doing your homework to see how custom engagement rings compare to standard pieces, you are already going to lengths to show her you do care about giving her something very special.
So, let us delve into some of the reasons why custom engagement rings are the way to go.
The 4 Advantages of Custom Engagement Rings
1. Picking a custom engagement ring will show just how devoted you are to her. When you decide to have a unique ring created, you get to be involved in the entire process, sharing your ideas and making sure the ring will be even more exquisite than she has always dreamed about. This on its own demonstrates a higher level of love and devotion that your loved one is bound to appreciate.
2. Purchasing an engagement ring from a franchise jewellery store, or a larger chain store, means you are giving your partner a ring that possibly thousands of other people already own. The large jewellery manufacturers churn out rings en masse and make use of driven marketing tactics to sell them world-wide. However, custom engagement rings are built especially for you, ensuring they really are one of a kind.
3. Custom-made engagement rings are crafted with meticulous attention to detail and quality. When you decide to purchase a custom-made ring from a skilled designer, you are assured that it is created by an expert who has specialised training and experience. You just cannot get this calibre of quality from mass-produce rings, as they will have been created quickly along an assembly line.
4. An experienced ring designer will care about you, your partner, and helping you woo her with jewellery. Therefore, the designer will treat you with courtesy and respect, as opposed to focusing on a commission. At the larger jewellery stores, salespeople are more motivated by money and the pressure to move items, than focusing on the customer. Their job is primarily to get you to buy the costliest jewellery in the shop, no matter what you would really like to buy. This is probably why some men dread buying engagement rings.
So, if you are looking for the best engagement ring for your loved one, a custom made ring is always the best options. We hope that this article has helped you make a final decision on your purchase.
Maybe you’re envisioning the traditional, flat metal weddings because that’s all you know of. However, nowadays, your ring choices are as endless as your fiancé’s. We don’t want you to become overwhelmed so keep a few points in mind like fit, durability, metal choice, diamonds, and personalising the ring to your lifestyle.
· Metal Choice - Gold is still a traditional and popular choice, most often found in 18 carat gold since 24 carat gold is almost too soft to work with. You’ll find higher percentages of pure gold in 18 carat and 24 carat, but you’ll also pay more. Many couples love the two-tone or even three-tone effect of combining white gold, yellow gold, and rose gold. If you want a luxurious ring that’s shiny and durable, think about platinum. While they’re not scratch resistant, they’re specialised in that they don’t lose surface volume if they are scratched. A subtle matte finish pairs well with platinum, but you’ll have to take care of it.
· Your lifestyle - On average, men’s weddings rings suffer more wear and tear than women’s because of men’s occupations so keep that in mind. Are you planning to wear you ring to work every day? Do you work in a machine shop or play lots of sports? Then, you may wish to consider sturdier metals like platinum and watch certain finishes and details because they’ll be more noticeable after you bump your ring repeatedly.
· Comfort and fit - Most traditional rings feature a squared off interior, which may end up pinching your fingers. That’s why most men prefer the comfort and style of the newer men’s rings, which are more curved and rounded versus flat and square.
· Diamonds and detailing - Today men’s diamond rings are known as fashionable and trendy versus unusual. Most men’s wedding band’s use diamonds as one of the details in the ring as opposed to the centrepiece in a woman’s ring. You can view an extensive array of stylish men’s wedding rings and see which one works best for you.
· Size - If you go to a reputable jeweller, they can measure your ring finger and figure out your band size with no issues. All you need to do is decide on the width of the ring. Generally, you’ll want at least a millimetre between the top of tour ring and your knuckle. Once you’ve figured that out, you can look at rings and decide if you want a wider one, or a more slender ring.
· Details - Consider adding some detail and personalisation to make your wedding band unique. Maybe you want to pay homage to your heritage with a Celtic design or maybe you like the look of an 8-band puzzle ring. If you’re fiancé has a diamond and gemstone engagement ring, perhaps you want a bold strip of diamond and gemstones along yours. You can find all these types of rings and more at Ringleaders, a reputable jewellery store in Brisbane.
Now that you’ve selected all your rings, congratulations. You’ve checked yet another thing off the checklist. Wear that ring proudly and have a wonderful wedding day.
Shopping for an engagement ring is one of those activities in life that falls into the exciting, yet stressful category. It can feel that there is so much riding on the outcome that it’s bound to be fraught with uncertainty. Should you and your beloved shop together for the perfect engagement ring or should you press boldly ahead alone with the selection left completely up to you?
Either way, it’s important to know that what you end up purchasing should be exactly the kind of ring your bride to be has always dreamed of and disappointment must be avoided.
Although the answer may never be absolute, there are a number of pros and cons to consider that can help make the ring shopping question significantly clearer.
The primary benefit of shopping for an engagement ring together is that your fiancé will be able to choose the exact style of ring she adores with zero chance on your part of making the wrong choice.
Personal taste is a highly individual matter and with such a unique engagement rings selection available, stress levels can often rise when facing the decision alone. There is no accounting for how the slight nuances in different ring styles and settings and can prompt one to quickly fall in or out of love with a certain piece.
Nobody wants to wear a ring for a lifetime that doesn’t really suit their taste or style. Shopping together completely eliminates that possibility.
Buying an engagement ring together rules out the delight that a surprise proposal with a ring already in hand evokes. Introducing practical concerns into the picture often makes common sense, but also kills the ‘wow factor’ that happens with an unexpected proposal.
Life changing events that can be romantically ritualised are rare and these memories become a treasured part of a couple’s story. Planning to buy the ring together takes that opportunity away.
Engagement rings can be found to suit virtually any budget and it’s easier to keep within budget when shopping alone. If your lady falls in love with a ring that is more expensive than planned for it can be difficult to say no.
Issues of value, worth, generosity, care, devotion and willingness are all tied into the giving of a ring. These notions can be challenging to process in the heat of the moment with your partner. Shopping alone circumvents these issues and puts you in charge.
Couples make many decisions together in the course of a marriage. Each party brings something unique to the relationship and successfully navigating important choices creates deeper bonds.
Keeping your partner out of the decision making loop deprives you of her valuable input. Your partner may actually be more financially cautious than you and want to rein in your spending.
A more understated, modest piece may be her preference rather than a more expensive engagement ring. Without her participation in the process you are left guessing and hoping that the financial outlay was mutually acceptable, rather than knowing for certain. To browse a great range of engagement ring options, click here to view their page.
Whether you choose to shop for the engagement ring together or alone, be sure to think things through, seek advice from friends and family and read about how other couples have resolved the dilemma for themselves. No matter which shopping choice is made, ultimately it is the commitment to love that will matter most in the end.