If you’re getting ready to pop the question, you may want to consider comparing custom engagement rings vs. ordinary, mass-produced rings. If you have already decided to go down the route of having a unique ring made, you’re headed in a great direction! Custom rings have a variety of unique advantages over the rings you’ll find in most jewellery stores. And no matter what you decide to do, you’re already putting in extra-special effort to find a ring your partner will love, and that is the most important thing.
With more and more national jewellery franchises popping up, particularly in shopping malls, and the less faceless online jewellery shops, buying an engagement ring has never been easier. You can see a collection of custom engagement rings in Brisbane online to get an idea why these rings are so in demand!
Buying a mass-produced ring or picking one online is certainly convenient, but what exactly will your soon-to-be-fiancé think? No doubt she has been dreaming about receiving the perfect ring, from her perfect guy, for pretty much her entire life. Just imagine her disappointment when she discovers the ring was purchased from a well-known website, or when she feels the ring lacks the beauty and quality she was hoping for.
By doing your homework to see how custom engagement rings compare to standard pieces, you are already going to lengths to show her you do care about giving her something very special.
So, let us delve into some of the reasons why custom engagement rings are the way to go.
1. Picking a custom engagement ring will show just how devoted you are to her. When you decide to have a unique ring created, you get to be involved in the entire process, sharing your ideas and making sure the ring will be even more exquisite than she has always dreamed about. This on its own demonstrates a higher level of love and devotion that your loved one is bound to appreciate.
2. Purchasing an engagement ring from a franchise jewellery store, or a larger chain store, means you are giving your partner a ring that possibly thousands of other people already own. The large jewellery manufacturers churn out rings en masse and make use of driven marketing tactics to sell them world-wide. However, custom engagement rings are built especially for you, ensuring they really are one of a kind.
3. Custom-made engagement rings are crafted with meticulous attention to detail and quality. When you decide to purchase a custom-made ring from a skilled designer, you are assured that it is created by an expert who has specialised training and experience. You just cannot get this calibre of quality from mass-produce rings, as they will have been created quickly along an assembly line.
4. An experienced ring designer will care about you, your partner, and helping you woo her with jewellery. Therefore, the designer will treat you with courtesy and respect, as opposed to focusing on a commission. At the larger jewellery stores, salespeople are more motivated by money and the pressure to move items, than focusing on the customer. Their job is primarily to get you to buy the costliest jewellery in the shop, no matter what you would really like to buy. This is probably why some men dread buying engagement rings.
So, if you are looking for the best engagement ring for your loved one, a custom made ring is always the best options. We hope that this article has helped you make a final decision on your purchase.
Maybe you’re envisioning the traditional, flat metal weddings because that’s all you know of. However, nowadays, your ring choices are as endless as your fiancé’s. We don’t want you to become overwhelmed so keep a few points in mind like fit, durability, metal choice, diamonds, and personalising the ring to your lifestyle.
· Metal Choice - Gold is still a traditional and popular choice, most often found in 18 carat gold since 24 carat gold is almost too soft to work with. You’ll find higher percentages of pure gold in 18 carat and 24 carat, but you’ll also pay more. Many couples love the two-tone or even three-tone effect of combining white gold, yellow gold, and rose gold. If you want a luxurious ring that’s shiny and durable, think about platinum. While they’re not scratch resistant, they’re specialised in that they don’t lose surface volume if they are scratched. A subtle matte finish pairs well with platinum, but you’ll have to take care of it.
· Your lifestyle - On average, men’s weddings rings suffer more wear and tear than women’s because of men’s occupations so keep that in mind. Are you planning to wear you ring to work every day? Do you work in a machine shop or play lots of sports? Then, you may wish to consider sturdier metals like platinum and watch certain finishes and details because they’ll be more noticeable after you bump your ring repeatedly.
· Comfort and fit - Most traditional rings feature a squared off interior, which may end up pinching your fingers. That’s why most men prefer the comfort and style of the newer men’s rings, which are more curved and rounded versus flat and square.
· Diamonds and detailing - Today men’s diamond rings are known as fashionable and trendy versus unusual. Most men’s wedding band’s use diamonds as one of the details in the ring as opposed to the centrepiece in a woman’s ring. You can view an extensive array of stylish men’s wedding rings and see which one works best for you.
· Size - If you go to a reputable jeweller, they can measure your ring finger and figure out your band size with no issues. All you need to do is decide on the width of the ring. Generally, you’ll want at least a millimetre between the top of tour ring and your knuckle. Once you’ve figured that out, you can look at rings and decide if you want a wider one, or a more slender ring.
· Details - Consider adding some detail and personalisation to make your wedding band unique. Maybe you want to pay homage to your heritage with a Celtic design or maybe you like the look of an 8-band puzzle ring. If you’re fiancé has a diamond and gemstone engagement ring, perhaps you want a bold strip of diamond and gemstones along yours. You can find all these types of rings and more at Ringleaders, a reputable jewellery store in Brisbane.
Now that you’ve selected all your rings, congratulations. You’ve checked yet another thing off the checklist. Wear that ring proudly and have a wonderful wedding day.
Shopping for an engagement ring is one of those activities in life that falls into the exciting, yet stressful category. It can feel that there is so much riding on the outcome that it’s bound to be fraught with uncertainty. Should you and your beloved shop together for the perfect engagement ring or should you press boldly ahead alone with the selection left completely up to you?
Either way, it’s important to know that what you end up purchasing should be exactly the kind of ring your bride to be has always dreamed of and disappointment must be avoided.
Although the answer may never be absolute, there are a number of pros and cons to consider that can help make the ring shopping question significantly clearer.
The primary benefit of shopping for an engagement ring together is that your fiancé will be able to choose the exact style of ring she adores with zero chance on your part of making the wrong choice.
Personal taste is a highly individual matter and with such a unique engagement rings selection available, stress levels can often rise when facing the decision alone. There is no accounting for how the slight nuances in different ring styles and settings and can prompt one to quickly fall in or out of love with a certain piece.
Nobody wants to wear a ring for a lifetime that doesn’t really suit their taste or style. Shopping together completely eliminates that possibility.
Buying an engagement ring together rules out the delight that a surprise proposal with a ring already in hand evokes. Introducing practical concerns into the picture often makes common sense, but also kills the ‘wow factor’ that happens with an unexpected proposal.
Life changing events that can be romantically ritualised are rare and these memories become a treasured part of a couple’s story. Planning to buy the ring together takes that opportunity away.
Engagement rings can be found to suit virtually any budget and it’s easier to keep within budget when shopping alone. If your lady falls in love with a ring that is more expensive than planned for it can be difficult to say no.
Issues of value, worth, generosity, care, devotion and willingness are all tied into the giving of a ring. These notions can be challenging to process in the heat of the moment with your partner. Shopping alone circumvents these issues and puts you in charge.
Couples make many decisions together in the course of a marriage. Each party brings something unique to the relationship and successfully navigating important choices creates deeper bonds.
Keeping your partner out of the decision making loop deprives you of her valuable input. Your partner may actually be more financially cautious than you and want to rein in your spending.
A more understated, modest piece may be her preference rather than a more expensive engagement ring. Without her participation in the process you are left guessing and hoping that the financial outlay was mutually acceptable, rather than knowing for certain. To browse a great range of engagement ring options, click here to view their page.
Whether you choose to shop for the engagement ring together or alone, be sure to think things through, seek advice from friends and family and read about how other couples have resolved the dilemma for themselves. No matter which shopping choice is made, ultimately it is the commitment to love that will matter most in the end.
So it has been over 3 months now since I got my conch pierced. I am actually surprised at how quickly this piercing has healed up. I got a double helix piercing done last July and the top one still hasn't healed. I am beginning to wonder if it will ever heal.
So now it is time for me to find some new body jewelry (I'm really liking Fresh Trends) for my newly healed (healing?) conch. I had a few ideas of what I wanted before heading online to check out what is available.
I am really into conch piercings, which have the cute ring, which goes all the way around kind of like this one:
So anyway here are the options I came up with – now to decide which one to get! I often find this is the hardest part especially when Freshtrends stocks such gorgeous body jewelry at affordable prices!
1. Gorgeous gold
I love this simple gold captive bead ring. So pretty and so classic.
2. Daisy garden septum clicker
Available in 16g so perfect for my conch.
3. Vertical captive bead ring
I like the simplicity of this and that it has the vertical captive bead ring which means it will sit perfectly.
So which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!